Learn about the concerns of accepting credit card payments over the phone and ways to address them.
Universities, hospitals, finance professionals, foundations, and IT teams have a strong desire to remove their VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) phone systems from PCI compliance scope. Some organizations are also faced with what to do when they can no longer set-up analog POTS (Plain Old Telephone System) lines to accept phone payments. Learn how to develop strategies to select and implement IVR (Interactive Voice Response) or DTMF (Dual Tone Multi-Frequency) technology to reduce VOIP PCI Compliance scope while also reducing IT security costs and staff time when accepting payments over the phone. This presentation includes a real-life example of implementing IVR technology in conjunction with VOIP and Salesforce for the alumni development fundraising call center at Western Michigan University.
Objectives & Take-aways
- Learn how VOIP impacts PCI Compliance requirements.
- Understand what IVR & DTMF technologies are and how to reduce PCI Compliance scope.
- Learn how to identify, select and implement solutions.
- Hear how Western Michigan University implemented IVR with VOIP & Salesforce.
- Calculate the cost savings of IVR or DTMF vs accepting credit card payments over VOIP.